I’m helping to host a Post-Holiday Weight Loss and Detox Challenge with Sherri from OverthrowMartha.com and others, on Facebook, and we’d loved to have you join us! Embarrassingly, I’ve gained 6 pounds over the holidays… YIKES! I’m challenging myself to lose 8 pounds in one month, starting January 1st. I’m not so worried about losing the 6 pounds, but those last 2 are going to be a huge challenge for me because I’ve been working on them for a while. I’m excited to be participating in the challenge’s Facebook Group because I know there will be a ton of support. I’m one of 13 hosts and we’ll all be sharing ideas, recipes, and progress! And of course, everyone participating will be cheering each other on – it’s going to be FUN!
Feel free to join anytime during the month of January!
In the Facebook Challenge Group there are 13 hosts, and we’ll all be doing different things!
- The Whole 30
- The 21 Day Sugar Detox
- Petrochemical Weight Loss Program
- Elimination Diet
- Liver Detox
- Heavy Metal Detox
- Good ole’ fashioned eat better and exercise
- Supplements and Essential Oils to support weight loss
- Herbal and Lemon Tea Detox
- And more…
There’s something for everyone, and you can pick and choose what you’d like to do!
I’d love to have you join me on this challenge. Who’s with me?!
My plan is similar to Sherri’s (OverthrowMartha), who organized the challenge, so if you follow her blog, this will look very similar. 🙂 We’re friends and talk every day so I’m confident that I can stick with this plan with us supporting each other, along with the challenge group!
- Eat Clean – eat whole foods from as close to the source as possible, no processed foods, or “white poison” such as sugar or flour.
- Exercise – I’m starting PiYo, I’m sooo excited! Chalene Johnson is going to be my trainer for the next couple of months!
- Sugar Detox – I’m using The 21-Day Sugar Detox book for guidance. I plan to drink my detox water, and use supplements to help me curb sugar cravings and support my liver while detoxing. I’ve chosen Slique Essence (I recommend this brand) to curb cravings, but others to consider are Dill, Peppermint, or Ocotea. I’ll also be boosting my liver by applying JuvaFlex, an essential oils blend (I recommend this brand) each night. Herbs like dandelion and milk thistle also support the liver.
- Petrochemical Weight Loss Protocol – This program was designed by Tiffany Rowan a couple of years ago. I know people that have seen amazing results, so I’ve been convinced to try it! Here’s how it works: You pick one targeted area (i.e. arms, midsection, thighs) and apply a mixture of essential oils to those areas twice a day, for three weeks. The oils break down the petrochemical toxins in fat and essentially shrinks the fat cells. Sound cool, and disgusting, all at the same time! You can watch this video by my friend Sherri for more information about the petrochemical weight loss program, and to hear her testimonial about how she lost 2 inches on her thighs! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO8peNpE4qU
- Supplements – Did you know that if your body doesn’t get all the nourishment it needs that it will freak out and store fat? So it’s important during weight loss to make sure that our bodies are getting everything it needs. I’ve gotten out of the habit of taking my vitamins daily so I’ll be using this challenge to get back on track by taking a multivitamin, MultiGreens supplement, and Mineral Essence (I recommend this brand).
- Drink Water – I plan to drink half my body weight in ounces of water every day (more details) to make sure I’m flushing out all the junk while detoxing!
I’m so pumped, I can’t wait to get started tomorrow! What are your 2015 resolutions? Share them in the comments, or tell me what your January goals are so we can help each other stay on track!
If you’d like to learn more about using natural products, please join our Natural Living Facebook Group.
Happy New Year, I hope to see you in the Challenge Event!